GOALS!!!!!

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MyLittle 1 day, 22 hours ago.

• Author
     pearl*Amb/BayoWolf 

Premium subMrs™

Goals help us move forward. I have found that I need 2 types of goals, short term and long term.

My short term goals are usually something I can achieve in 4-6 weeks. I can see the changes quickly so I don’t loose my way. Goals need to be measurable and realistic.

My long term goals are 6 months to a year. Something that is attainable but I’m gonna have to work for it.

The same can be said for fitness goals. The short term goals need to be something you can measure and achieve in 4-6 weeks. Wanting to loose 50 lbs is a great goal but a very bad short term goal. Wanting to loose 5 lbs is a realistic, measurable short term goal.
    Long term goals keep us pointed in the right direction. These need to be realistic as well but a bit loftier. Wanting to loose 50 lbs is a great long term goal and can probably be done in a year, although it would take a great deal of commitment.

So, think about what you want to achieve is a year. What do you want to look like, how do you want to feel. Is your blood pressure too high, lowering it is a good fitness goal. Want to loose weight? Great, think about what is reasonable.
    Your short term goal(s) should support your long term goal. I want to loose 50 lbs, how do I get there. I want to lower my blood pressure, what do I need to do to get there.

If you already have your goals in mind, Great! Post them and we will help keep you accountable. If you want help coming up with goals, post your questions and I, along with everyone else, will give you our opinions on what you could do. So come on my subbie friends lets get moving!
    (BTW, I will post my goals in a separate post.)

pearl*Amb/BayoWolf 

Premium subMrs™

My current long term goals are:
    Get my body fat % in the low 20% range. It is currently at 32%.
    Be able to do at least 1 chin up. Currently I can do none, nada, zero!

My short term goals
    Loose another 3 lbs. I am currently at 138 (down from 154 at the beginning of Spring). I have cut my calories so that I should be loosing somewhere around a pound a week.
    Continue to increase weight in working my upper body. I keep track of what weight I can do for each exercise and I will keep increasing those amounts.

Keep moving!
    Pearl

PlayPretty-Prema/KiksDom 
    Participant

Premium subMrs™

Super short term, get this food down and hit the road in an hour for a good long run.

9/28/19: half marathon event but using it as a training run

10/19/19: Palo Duro Canyon trail run. 25K. Not a bad distance but a tough canyon run and I am a bit apprehensive and trying to not let this one scare me as I don’t have a good place to train on steep up and downhill so hoping my higher altitude training will help offset that.

3/15/20: Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon trail run. This one is gonna be a brutal high altitude desert run.

Right now that is what I have committed to but still figuring out all of next year race schedule and what I can afford. I can afford The Barkley Marathon. My only prayer is that I could get chosen as the Human Sacrifice should I ever apply but doubt highly on that one, but man would that be a hoot! My realistic long range plan is the Hardrock 100, Leadville 100, and a ton of other ones.

Within the next 12 months I hope to be up to 50 milers but at the very least, will be able to run a 50K in a year. By 3 years, giving myself time here, there is no reason why I cannot attempt the easier 100s.

Other goal: not break down, physically or mentally doing this. Teach my Sir how to crew. God help me there as he is protective and doesn’t understand my ability and desire to go through hell and physical pain, but I tell him, am I not the one who loves caning? I need him as a pacer so we are starting a couch to 5K plan for him. Again, God help me! He will be my biggest challenge but he is supportive and I love him so much for trying this.

Daddy’s baby(DB)/Daddy Sir J 
    Participant

Registered subMrs™

My long term goals are to lose 30 pounds and lower my body fat percentage. I believe I’m around a 30% right now. I would love to get to 20-25%. I also want to increase all weight amounts for each exercise I do by 20-30% at least. I love lifting weights and I love seeing the lbs go up.

My short term goal is to lose 5 lbs in the next month and finish the current work out plan I am following without skipping a day. I have 9 weeks left (I know it’s a little longer than normal short term goals). I have started tracking macros again. I have done this before but i stopped because, honestly, I kept forgetting. I started today and realized that I was eating at least a good 300 calories more than I should have each day. But I am making steps in the right direction. I am stepping up in this area so I don’t lose patience and motivation with working out in general. Week 4 is usually where I burn out because there hasn’t been much progress. This time I am feeling some muscle definition but they are hard to see as they are covered in fat. Over the last two weeks, I’ve gone to the gym 5 days a week but the tape measure and the scale have not moved. I will keep moving forward. I will not love motivation.

pearl*Amb/BayoWolf 

Premium subMrs™

Way to go! Clear measurable goals help keep us headed in the right direction. I have a few questions.

How are you measuring your body fat? I ask because I am trying to find the best, most accurate way. We have a scale that does it but my readings seem too high. Sir purchased calipers but we are not trained in that so accuracy is a problem.

What work out plan are you doing? Is it one developed for you by a personal trainer? Just curious mostly. BW and I developed our own programs using some books by an author we found. That has worked for both of us so far.

Counting macros has been a game changer for BW and I. We thought we were eating a healthy balanced diet and we were wrong. I wasn’t getting anywhere close to enough protein and the fat content of our diet was much too high. It has just become second nature for us to log what we’ve eaten and make sure we are getting the right balance of macros.

I lost 15 lbs pretty easily and stopped the calorie deficit for a bit and just maintained for a month. I decided I wanted to drop another 3 lbs. Great googly moogly…these 3 lbs do not want to budge. I finally have lost 1, it took 2 weeks! But, I’m pretty sure my body fat percentage dropped during that 2 weeks as well. Thankfully BayoWolf is there to cheer me on and that is enough to keep me motivated.

Keep moving
      Pearl

Daddy’s baby(DB)/Daddy Sir J 
    Participant

Registered subMrs™

I am not actually measuring my body fat any real way, though I really should. I’m going based on how my body works. As I get lower, I’ll probably step it up a bit and have it actually measured.

I am using a generic plan that is similar to what I would have build for myself. However, when I build my own, I get stuck in the same exercises every time I go. This plan changes every 4 weeks I believe so that you don’t hit plateaus. Works similar muscles but in different way. I have enjoyed it every time I’ve started it but I usually lose motivation and have never made it beyond week 4. I am on week 4 right now.

I have done macros before but that was a while ago. I am trying to get back in the habit and not forget. I have my protein coffee every morning and track my planned dinner and fill in the middle. I hope it works. I usually don’t get enough protein either and go way over on carbs. I usually eat about a 40/30/30 ratio when I’m in weight loss mode. If I’m in muscle building mode I usually change it to 30/40/30 but that amount of protein is hard for me to sustain without getting burnt out or going over my fat %. I have been using Isopure’s 100% Whey Protein powder for a couple years. It has helped me get my protein intake. I have to mix it in other things as it is unflavored and that’s where my protein coffee comes into play. I don’t like the amount of sugar in the more traditional protein powders and I can’t use most “low carb” protein powders because they have artificial sweeteners which I am highly sensitive to. This unflavored allows me to control the taste and amount of sugar. I am researching and contemplating making paleo protein bars with it next…

elskling*Prema/Norseman 
    Participant

Premium subMrs™

I had lost a great deal of weight when I was sick and bottomed out at 108lbs (I’m 5’5″). So I was trying like heck to keep my weight up and eating anything and everything that would put ounces on because my ribs were sticking out. Time went by and I got the illness under control and got rid of the meds that were killing me and started eating again. But I forgot to change my eating habits and wound up gaining 30 lbs. My goal now is to get back the muscle that my disease ate up (before I got sick I was a gym rat) and lose the fat. So far I’ve lost 7 lbs and gained a lot of muscle. I would like to get back into a regular lifting schedule and pilates and keep up with the cardio with the bike or the elliptical through the fall and then get inside for the winter.

pearl*Amb/BayoWolf 

Premium subMrs™

Sorry you had to go through the illness but I’m glad you are on the other side now. Sounds like you have a good plan!

Keep Moving
      Pearl

MyLittle 
    Participant

Premium subMrs™

My short term goal is to keep my body in working order. I have psoriatic arthritis and it effects my joints and zaps my energy. I was in a place where I could not move and had horrible nerve pain all over my body, I am set up to do pool therapy 3x a week to decompress my spine. So far it’s working great.

Short term goal 1: build back strength through PT and home exercises to keep my spine in the right place.
    Short term goal 2: Do my KETO diet for a week at a time without cheating (insert head slap–those carbs are evil!)

Long term goal: Loose 30 lbs or enough inches to be able to wear all the clothes in my closet!

pearl*Amb/BayoWolf 

Premium subMrs™

I’m glad KETO works for you. I could never do that. I use a maco eating plan that is 45% carbs, 30% fat and 25% protein. I have lost weight when I needed to and have maintained my weight when I needed to by adjusting the overall calorie intake for each day. Everyone’s body deals with food intake differently and no one thing works for everyone. Carbs aren’t evil, no food is, it’s just what we do with them that makes them more difficult to manage.

MyLittle 
    Participant

Premium subMrs™

That’s true. Keto works great for us and really helps with my energy levels when I stick to it. I try and eat things like brown rice and whole grain toast when I need to and always have about 20 carbs a day. The macro eating plan sounds like a great lifestyle of eating also! I will have to look into that. My Sir needs more carbs so we are way more flexible with him and he is losing weight like crazy and being able to be clear headed and energized which is really the goal all around for us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2012-2019 subMrs™ MARRIED SUBMISSIVE | MARRIED D/S LIFESTYLE | JOURNEY FROM WIFE TO MARRIED SUBMISSIVE | FINDING DOMINANT HUSBAND

CONTACT US | subMrs™

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
TEST121

Forgot your details?